Rights and obligations of membersThe regional chamber of physicians and dentists registers as its members those physicians and dentists who hold a right to practice the profession and intend to practice or practice as a physician or dentist within the jurisdiction of the given chamber.
A person is struck off the list of members of the given regional chamber of physicians and dentists in case of:
- deprivation of the right to practice the profession:
- by virtue of decision of the medical court or the court judgment;
- because of his/her inability to practice;
- renouncement of the license to practice; or
- moving to the jurisdiction of another chamber.
- the principles of ethics and deontology and other regulations on practicing as a physician; and
- resolutions of the authorities and bodies of the self-government of physicians and dentists.
- elect and be elected to the bodies of self-government of physicians and dentists - all members of the chambers have the active right to vote, excluding physicians and dentists whose right to practice the profession was suspended; all members have the passive right to vote, excluding physicians and dentists who incurred the penalty of reprimand or suspension of the right to practice as a physician or dentist for a period of six months to three years;
- seek assistance of the chambers as regards the professional development and ensuring appropriate conditions for practicing the profession;
- seek protection and legal assistance from the bodies of the chambers; and
- benefit from services offered by institutions of the chambers and mutual aid.